Former WWE superstar Alberto Del Rio was arrested in May last year on sexual assault charges. His ex-girlfriend came forward and accused him of sexually assaulting her for several hours.
Some time ago, however, the accuser apologized to the wrestler and his entire family for making false charges.
Del Rio was indicted with one count of kidnapping and four counts of sexual assault by a jury last October. It seems like those charges still haven’t been dropped even after the victim admitted she falsely accused the pro wrestler.
Fox San Antonio recently reported on the situation and revealed that Alberto’s trial is still in place and he’ll have to appear in the court next week (January 25).
“Police said Rodriguez Chucuan then tied the woman’s hands with boxing straps, put a sock in her mouth and sexually assaulted her for several hours, using various objects. According to investigators, he also punched her in the back during the assault, causing visible injuries. The victim told detectives she does not remember much after he placed his hand around her throat.”