Cody Rhodes Says “Door Is Open” For CM Punk Ahead Of AEW All Out

The former WWE Champion closed the door on pro wrestling last year

cody rhodes
Image via f4wonline.com

CM Punk is set to headline Starrcast III on AEW All Out weekend and fans are hyped to meet-and-greet the longest reigning WWE Champion of The Modern Era next month in Chicago.

While there’s absolutely no possibility of Punk making a surprise appearance at All Out, fans are still hopeful that the unthinkable may happen on August 31.

The Second City Saint recently talked about his status with AEW during which he made it clear that the upstart promotion hasn’t yet approached him in person. After all, “Texting offers isn’t really a way to do good business.”

This isn’t the first time that 40-year-old ex-Superstar has been candid about discussing business in person. Last year ahead of All In, Punk had said that he would’ve considered if an offer had been made to him face to face.

Co-Executive Vice President Of AEW, Cody Rhodes has now opened up to shed some clarity on the matter. Punk’s recent comments (or misquoting on part of ESPN) seems to have ‘bothered’ Rhodes so much so that he decided to break down what had actually happened a month ago.

The plot gets even more interesting – Punk won’t approach anyone in person, having closed the door on pro wrestling last year. And AEW, in order to hide their desperation (and play it cool), won’t be meeting up with the ex-Superstar to discuss business with transparency.

It is to be noted that the former WWE Champion was Tony Khan’s first choice for the AEW roster.

Punk is already 40 and actively pursuing a career in color commentary. While WWE would definitely want to have him back any day, the fact is, the Second City Saint has vowed to never go back to working with The McMahons again.

Only time will reveal which promotion Punks signs with if he ever chooses to compete in the ring down the line.