This week began with the surprising news of a number of cuts to the WWE roster and it is rumored that more releases are forthcoming. Earlier today, even more cuts were announced, mostly from the NXT roster.
One of the biggest releases is Kassius Ohno, who was famous as Chris Hero in the independent scene. PWInsider is reporting that Ohno is another WWE performer who was just released.
Seemingly confirming this news is the fact that Ohno has changed both his Twitter and Instagram handle and added “WWE Alumni”. WWE has also moved his profile to the Alumni section of the website.
This is actually the second time that Ohno has been cut from the company. He was originally signed to Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE’s developmental territory back in 2011. When FCW was rebranded into NXT, Ohno wrestled there till he was released in 2013. He was re-signed in 2016 and he has been part of both NXT and NXT UK till today.
The other releases reported today were also from NXT. Most of the releases were international talent who had yet to make it to NXT TV or to live events.
PWInsider reports that the following NXT international talents were released:
- Mohamed Fahim, an Egyptian talent signed back in 2018.
- Marco Gomes, a Brazilian talent and Muay Thai instructor who was signed last year in August.
- Faisal Kurdi, signed during the tryouts in Saudi Arabia in June of last year.
- Hussain Aldagal, signed during the tryouts in Suadi Arabia last June. A former bodybuilder.
- Edgar Lopez, signed last September after tryouts held in Chile.
- Rocky, an actor who was signed during a tryout held on September 2016 at the WWE Performance Center for Chinese performers.