A former NXT star is set to make her AEW debut on the next episode of AEW Dark. Rachael Ellering, who worked in NXT under the name Rachael Evers took to Twitter to announce her Dark appearance.
“Oh y’all forgot about me? Next week is the first step in reproving myself,” wrote Ellering.
“Proving that just because I was hidden away in a warehouse for a hot minute doesn’t mean I’ve lost what I had before,” she said, seemingly taking a shot at the WWE system and the Performance Center.
Ellering will be going up against Penelope Ford during the next episode of AEW Dark this Tuesday on the promotion’s YouTube channel.
Ellering was under contract with WWE since 2016, she was let go this April as part of the COVID-19 budget cuts. Ellering’s most notable achievement while with WWE was taking part in both the 2017 and 2018 Mae Young Classic tournaments.
She is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Paul Ellering, most famous for being the manager of the Road Warrior as well as managing the tag team The Authors of Pain in NXT before they moved to the main roster.
Other matches that have been announced for this Tuesday’s AEW Dark are:
- Tag team match between Private Party and Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr.
- Tag team match between SCU and The Butcher & The Blade
- Shawn Spears vs Alex Chamberlain
- Lee Johnson vs Rey Fenix
- Kip Sabian vs Michael Stevens
- Jurassic Express vs Corey Hollis, Pineapple Pete & Aaron Solow
- Tag team match between Austin and Billy Gun against M’Badu and Shawn Dean
- Tag team match between The Hybrid 2 and The Natural Nightmares