Randy Orton Takes A Shot At John Cena For Pulling Out Of Crown Jewel

randy orton
Image via insideprowrestling.com

WWE confirmed to proceed with Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia despite huge backlash and mounting pressure from fans, US Senators and Superstars owing to the Khashoggi murder case.

This led to John Cena and Daniel Bryan officially pull themselves out of Crown Jewel. WWE replaced the 16-time World Champion with Bobby Lashley on this week’s episode of Monday Night RAW. Samoa Joe replaced the Leader of Yes Movement on Tuesday’s SmackDown LiveLashley will now compete in the inaugural 8-Man WWE World Cup while Joe will face AJ Styles for the WWE Championship on November 2.

[adace-ad id=”7797″]

13-time World Champion Randy Orton was earlier reported to have stood in WWE’s decision to proceed with Crown Jewel in the Middle East. Orton was also joined by big-time icons namely Kevin Nash and JBL.

This time, the Viper took a jab at Cena for pulling out of the show.

“Does he still wrestle?” Orton told TMZ Sports, “I didn’t know he pulled out.”

[adace-ad id=”3395″]

[adace-ad id=”7795″]

Orton is among the 8 men scheduled to compete in the first-ever World Cup and will face high-flying legend Rey Mysterio in the first round of the tournament.

The Legend Killer had earlier told TMZ that WWE should continue with Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia as it was playing a big role in bringing about positive changes. This time, however, Orton noted that money plays a major role behind his active participation in Crown Jewel.

Orton said, “I’ve got 5 kids. I gotta go make that dollar. If they want me in Saudi, I’m going to Saudi.”

[adace-ad id=”7792″]

Despite WWE’s efforts to stack the card, Cena and Bryan’s absence will definitely have a huge impact on Crown Jewel.

Crown Jewel takes place on November 2, 2018, from the ‎King Saud University Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.