2018 proved to be a landmark year for WWE. Superstars like Braun Strowman and Becky Lynch received the biggest push while the company’s biggest signing, Ronda Rousey pushed the Women’s Revolution to greater heights and changed the box-office scenario entirely.
With only a week left on the calendar, WWE released its official year-end awards for 2018. Check out the full list of winners below.
- Male Star of the Year: Braun Strowman
- Female Star of the Year: Becky Lynch
- Tag Team of the Year: The Bar
- Breakout Star of the Year: Elias
- Most Underrated Star of the Year: Naomi
- Return of the Year: Dean Ambrose
- Best on the Mic of the Year: Paul Heyman
- Rivalry of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
- Best Diss of the Year: Ronda Rousey’s promo against Nikki Bella
- Match of the Year: Becky Lynch vs Charlotte Flair at Evolution
- Shocking Moment of the Year: Randy Orton with the screwdriver through Jeff Hardy’s earlobe
- GM of the Year: Paige
- Most Hated of the Year: Baron Corbin
- Brand of the Year: RAW
- Funniest Moment of the Year: Titus O Neil’s falling at The Greatest Royal Rumble
2018 didn’t turn out to be a happy year for Roman Reigns as The Big Dog had to relinquish the Universal Championship and take a medical hiatus to battle the returning Leukemia.
WWE also developed its relationship with Saudi Arabia this year courtesy of two cash-rich pay-per-views – Greatest Royal Rumble and (the controversial) Crown Jewel.
Legends like Rey Mysterio returned to the company while Shawn Michaels came out of retirement and reunited with DX mate Triple H to defeat The Brothers of Destruction in a first-ever matchup.