Previous week Wednesday onwards, WWE held a multi-day tryout in Saudi Arabia prior to The Greatest Royal Rumble to scout some fresh legs in the country. On April 22, 2018, WWE announced eight winners from the tryouts, who will continue to receive more intensive training over the next few days left for the event. WWE has confirmed that at least one of the eight individuals will earn the opportunity to participate in Fridays’ Greatest Royal Rumble.
With WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & creative Paul “Triple H” Levesque in attendance at the King Abdullah Sports City Sports Hall, the following are the names of the eight winners from the tryouts:
- Hussain Aldagal, a 6-foot-3, 215-pounder with a background in volleyball and bodybuilding
- Mansoor Al-Shehail, a 6-foot, 175-pounder who has trained under WWE Hall of Famer Dory Funk Jr.
- Faisal Kurdi, a 5-foot-9, 180-pound MMA fighter, amateur grappler and Muay Thai boxer
- Nasser Bawazir, a 6-foot-3, 250-pound champion in boxing, MMA and aikido
- Khalid Alhothali, a competitor in bodybuilding, as well as combat sports, including boxing and jiu-jitsu
- Abdullah Almagrabi, a 225-pound karate champion and boxing trainer
- Faisal Allabboudy, a 23-year-old whose athletic background includes competitive swimming, boxing and bodybuilding
- Asaad Alshareef, a 23-year-old Greco Roman and freestyle wrestler who has also trained in various martial arts
The Greatest Royal Rumble will air live from the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on April 27, 2018 and is the first Pay-Per-View event as per the 10-year agreement between Saudi General Sports Authority and WWE.
The KSA Tryouts conclude with a reveal of the participants who will continue training this week in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Posted by WWE on Saturday, April 21, 2018