AEW Dynamite Results and Highlights
The latest episode of AEW Dynamite kicked off with several wrestlers ringside, with Dasha doing the announcing duties and Cody joining Tony Schivanone along with his dog Pharaoh.
- Kenny Omega def. Trent: A half an hour encounter kicked off the show as Omega took out Trent with a One-Winged Angel in the very last minute of the match.
- Hikaru Shida def. Anna Jayy: Shida won the matchup with a knee-strike and falcon arrow combination. Britt Baker and Shida exchanged words throughout the match.
The Inner Circle cut a promo, hyping Jake Hager and his prowess in MMA and inside the Squared Circle. Jericho announced a No Holds Barred Match for the AEW title between Hager and Jon Moxley in two weeks’ time.
Jake Roberts hyped his client Lance Archer and taunted Cody for hiding behind his wife Brandi Rhodes. Lance Archer vs Colt Cabana was announced for the TNT Championship tournament.
- Lance Archer def. Marko Stunt: The smallest guy in the company had to, unfortunately, feel the wrath of the big man, who demolished him thoroughly, winning via pinfall after hitting the Blackout.
Brodie Lee continued with his preachings for the Dark Order. A minion of the team was shown yawning, who was immediately thrown out of the room by the Exalted One, who preferred to be called Mr. Brodie.
- The Natural Nightmares def. Dark Order Minions: QT Marshall and Dusty Rhodes picked up a squash victory over two random members of the Dark Order. Brodie Lee entered the ring after the match and delivered a powerbomb to one of his own minions.
Chris Jericho cut a promo from his own backyard, calling the Elite “fools”. Vanguard 1 appeared and Jericho once again tried to recruit the drone into the Inner Circle, offering it a tiny t-shirt.
Matt Jackson was shown training his younger brother for his in-ring return. Nick talked about his injury and how he remembered nothing from the evening.
- Shawn Spears and Sammy Guevara def. Cody and Darby Allin: In another fantastic tag-team encounter, the heels reigned supreme after Spears rolled up Allin for the victory.
AEW Dynamite Takeaways
1. Character Development
Darby Allin is one of the most interesting characters on AEW TV currently and has tremendous potential to be in the main event in the coming years. His wrestling work is undoubtedly fantastic, and week after week he continues to display his tremendous character work, which is adding layers to his persona.
The feeling of disgust on his face after he saved Cody only to get pinned himself was pretty good, followed by him leaving Cody hanging. Cody continues to grow as the most hated man in the company, with almost every heel and some of the babyfaces (Darby, Hangman) showing resentment towards the Executive VP of the company.
2. A Perfect Debut
Lance Archer is being built up as the guy to beat in AEW and had a tremendous first match on Dynamite this week. Marko Stunt earned his paycheck on this week’s Dynamite, by taking one hell of a beating at the hands of the terrifying monster.
Archer is yet another individual who has his eyes set on Cody for the time being and demonstrated exactly why Cody should be afraid of him.