AEW Dynamite Results and Highlights
Darby Allin and Cody Rhodes cut a promo talking about why they deserve to win the TNT Championship ahead of their semi-final matchup.
- Cody def. Darby Allin: Cody, accompanied by Brandi Rhodes, advanced to the finals with a hard-fought victory over Allin despite a distraction from Britt Baker during the matchup. Cody rolled him up for the infall victory.
Scorpio Sky cut a promo and talked about how SCU came into being. He wants to create a name for himself and not end up being the third guy.
MJF revealed his neck break, which he got during shaving and hence he couldn’t wrestle. He promised to come back soon and lead the way from the front.
- Wardlow def. Musa: MJF’s henchman continued his dominant run by taking down Musa with a twisting F5.
The third episode of Bubbly Bunch saw several new participants such as Virgil and Vickie Guerrero as they got in the world-famous Manitoba Melee.
- Best Friends w/ Orange Cassidy def. Kip Sabian and Jimmy Havoc w/ Penelope Ford: Chuck Taylor hit the awful waffle on Havoc after Penelope Ford mistakingly hit her own boyfriend as the Best Friends reigned supreme.
Britt Baker continued her role-model classes by introducing Reba and asked her to refer Baker as Dr.Britt Baker. Baker mocked Tony Schiavone and said fat, glasses-wearing and people with snaggletooth can’t be role models.
- Shawn Spears def. Baron Black: Spears hit the C4 followed by a Sharpshooter to get a quick win over Black.
- Brodie Lee def. Marko Stunt: After Lance Archer, it was Lee’s turn to play with the shortest guy on the roster as he completely dominated him and hit a sitout powerbomb for the win.
Jon Moxley cut a promo and talked about his championship victory, and promised to return next week on the live episode of Dynamite.
- Lance Archer def. Dustin Rhodes: In a fantastic match, Rhodes showed his experience and put over Archer in a big way. QT Marshall came in to throw the towel but Cody prevented him, and Archer eventually got the pinfall victory.
AEW Dynamite Takeaways
1. The Murderers
Brodie Lee, Wardlow and Lance Archer; three absolutely jacked individuals with only one intention, ruthless aggression. AEW is doing a great job of presenting them as the massive threats, as they have been lacking big men for quite some time. In contrast, WWE has Drew McIntyre, Braun Strowman and Keith Lee as three top champs in their respective brands.
After Lee and Archer, Wardlow will get to lay his hands on Marko Stunt soon, and Stunt will surely be in for yet another round of murdering. If AEW can somehow sign Rusev, they’ll have yet another jacked powerhouse to put in their shows.
2. A Lil Bit Early?
Lance Archer vs Cody Rhodes is a match building up for weeks now, as Jake Roberts has been on Cody’s throat since day one. They both will face off in the finals for the TNT Championship, and it will be interesting to see who picks up the win.
Cody is the No.1 ranked star and won’t ever challenge for the AEW title, and hence, him winning the secondary title makes sense. However, Archer doesn’t seem like a guy who’ll lose any time soon, which makes this a mouth-watering matchup.
The only question remains is whether they should’ve waited a few months more, and instead put in Allin vs Archer for the title. Archer absolutely mauling Allin would’ve been quite the sight.