Event: AEW Dynamite
Date: March 18, 2020
Location: Jacksonville, FL
AEW Dynamite Results and Highlights
- Cody Rhodes opened the show in an empty arena and gave props to each and every member of The Elite. He advised Matt to get over his rivalry with Hangman Page, called Page the best wrestler in the company, and urged Kenny Omega to bring his real-self for the six-man tag match. Page agreed to join them.
- The Lucha Bros def. Best Friends after the masked individuals delivered the piledriver/stomp combo for the pinfall.
- Hikaru Shida def. Penelope Ford, Kris Statlander, Riho after she pinned Ford following a knee strike.
- Colt Cabana talked about the women’s division at ringside and gave props to Penelope Ford. Ford’s boyfriend Sabian confronted Cabana and the duo exchanged some blows.
- Jurassic Express def. The Butcher and The Blade as MJF’s consistent instructions from commentary couldn’t help his mates.
- The Dark Order made their way to the ring to introduce The Exalted One. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian told them to stop their lies as there in no Exalted One. A masked figure was seen on video, revealed to be Brodie Lee! Lee joined the group and attacked SCU to end the segment.
- Jake Roberts hyped up Lance Archer in a ringside promo. He gave another warning to Cody and asked him to take Archer seriously. Archer, in a promo video, singlehandedly destroyed several men in a ring from the MurderHawk Mansion.
- The Inner Circle def. The Elite: Jake Hager, Santana, and Ortiz picked up wins for the heels and advantage for next week’s Blood and Guts match as several wrestlers including Wardlow and MJF got involved. Post-match, Chris Jericho called out the Elite for having only four wrestlers with Nick Jackson injured. The Vanguard 1 appeared and Matt Hardy made his debut on AEW! Hardy did his Delete chant to end the show.
AEW Dynamite Takeaways
1. A Murderous Instinct
Lance Archer was projected as a tough guy who is never in the mood for anything apart from destruction, and AEW hyped up his character really well this week with the video of him taking out a number of men.
With Cody involved with the Elite, MJF and now Lance Archer, the story promises to be an interesting one going forward. Jake Roberts promised to bring the dark side to AEW, and with Archer at his side, we can expect several such destructive moments in the future.
2. A Sea of Debuts
After Archer’s debut last week, this week we saw the introduction of Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) and Matt Hardy! Lee was revealed to be the Exalted One, after months of teasing, and the company wasted no time to bring Lee in after his three-month clause with WWE ended last week.
Lee even teased Sister Abigail during his appearance, and it promises to be a fantastic run for the superstar who has long been hailed as the most underrated and underutilized in professional wrestling.
AEW didn’t have to wait long before gaining the services of Hardy, who seems to have no such clause. Hardy joining forces with Elite is an interesting decision, and it would be interesting to see how his Broken character evolves in the company.