WWE NXT Results and Highlights
The Velveteen Dream def. Bobby Fish: After Adam Cole’s challenge to Dream last week, the outlandish superstar defeated Cole’s buddy and in-ring technician Bobby Fish with his Death Valley Driver. Post-match, Dream called out Cole and said he is ready for a fight.
Malcolm Bivens introduced his new team of Rinku Singh and Saurav Gurjar as the Bivens Enterprises and put forth a challenge for the Broserweights, as the Indian duo spoke a bit in their native languages.
Dexter Lumis def. Jake Atlas: In a showcase of debutants, Dexter Lumis, formerly Samuel Shaw in Impact, won the match with a choke submission.
A new vignette for the debut of Killer Kross was aired, which was narrated by his real-life girlfriend Scarlett Bordeaux.
Second Chance Gauntlet Match
- Shotzi Blackheart def. Deonna Purrazzo: The first match saw the newly signed star takedown Purrazzo with a flying senton for the three count.
- Shotzi Blackheart def. Xia Li: Blackheart continued her strong run, taking down Li with her fast-paced offense and leading into a submission for the win.
- Shotzi Blackheart def. Aliyah: Aliyah tried to take advantage of the tired Blackheart, but her frustration got the better of her, as Blackheart used the same submission maneuver to garner yet another victory.
- Shotzi Blackheart def. Kayden Carter: Carter, who jobbed out to Asuka this Monday on Raw, tried her best and had Blackheart pegged down, but Blackheart hit a moonsault to win the match.
- Dakota Kai def. Shotzi Blackheart: With some help from her enforcer Raquel Gonzalez, Kai won the match and advanced to the Ladder Match to determine the No.1 contender for the NXT Women’s Championship.
Kushida def. Joaquin Wilde: Kushida reigned supreme over Wilde with the armbar submission move. Post-match, both the stars had a show of respect. Wilde was kidnapped by the same two masked individuals who took Raul Mendoza few weeks ago, while being interviewed about his matchup.
NXT North American Championship | Keith Lee(c) def. Damien Priest and Dominik Dijakovic: A fantastic triple threat ended in Keith Lee retaining his title over his two rivals. Dijakovic hit the Feast Your Eyes, but Lee ended up hititng the Big Bang Catastrophe on Dijakovic for the win.
WWE NXT Takeaways
1. The Traditional Babyface
WWE and building babyfaces with Gauntlet Matches is now quickly becoming a repetitive trend, as Shotzi Blackheart joined Kofi Kingston, Seth Rollins, and Otis as few of the babyfaces to get this treatment. Blackheart, a highly talented but new wrestler in the division, was given tremendous spotlight in the match this week, which will bode well for the future of the NXT Women’s Division.
But as Kofi, Rollins and Otis endured, Blackheart also ended up losing the match, despite giving the performance of the night. Dakota Kai continued her heel run, with a sneaky win over the former EVOLVE star.
The depth of NXT’s division was on full showcase, as along with the five women already in the matchup, these six displayed their prowess as well.
2. The Dream To Get Real Soon?
Velveteen Dream defeated Bobby Fish this week, basically earning himself a title shot against Fish’s leader, Adam Cole. Cole broke the record of the longest-reigning NXT Champion last week, and WWE could be looking to put the strap on someone else quite soon.
Dream has come close on several occasions, and this could finally be the perfect opportunity for the superstar to make his mark. Dream has been in NXT for years now and deserves his moment. However, WWE must ensure the coronation takes place after the corona epidemic is long gone, in front of a ruckus crowd, who cheer him on relentlessly.