WWE NXT Results and Highlights
The latest episode of NXT took place from the Full Sail Arena with the show returning to the live format starting this week.
- Finn Balor def. Fabian Aichner: Balor continued his rivalry with NXT UK stable Imperium and took down Aichner. Balor hit the Coup De Grace followed by 1916 for the win.
NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair talked about her win, and how she has been the most dominant superstar in the last five years. She named several wrestlers who she has taken down and promised to continue her run in NXT by taking on the likes of Io Shirai, Candice LeRae, and Mia Yim.
- Xia Li def. Aliyah: After Aliyah took credit for attacking Li backstage a few weeks ago, the Chinese star got her revenge by winning the match with a cockscrew kick.
- Akira Tozawa def. Isaiah Scott: The former Cruiserweight Champion won the first match of the Interim Cruiserweight Championship tournament after hitting a senton on Scott for the pinfall victory.
- Tegan Nox def. Raquel Gonzalez: Nox took on Dakota Kai’s henchwoman, and with some help from Shotzi Blackheart, rolled up Gonzalez for the win.
A ‘Bask In The Glory of Keith Lee’ segment was aired in which the North American Champion talked about his humble beginnings and eventually working hard for thirteen years and making it big in WWE.
- Dexter Lumis def. Tehuti Miles: The terrifying Dexter Lumis continued his run of impressive victories by taking down Miles with the Anaconda Vice.
Adam Cole starred in yet another promo from his pool-side and said no one in NXT deserves a title shot at his championship.
The Velveteen Dream cut a promo and called out Cole, downplaying his success as the NXT Champion. Finn Balor interrupted the Dream and called himself the greatest NXT Champion of all time. Dream challenged him to a match next week, which Balor seemingly accepted.
The Indus Sher cut a promo in their native languages and said they represent the 1 billion+ population of their motherland India, and are looking to capture the NXT Tag Titles.
- WWE NXT Tag Team Championship | Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher def. The Undisputed Era: In Pete Dunne’s absence, Riddle teamed up with the debuting Thatcher to retain the titles against Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong. Thatcher locked Strong in the Fujiwara submission to end the lengthy matchup.
Tommaso Ciampa talked about how Gargano and Candice LeRae proved they were better by taking him down, and he graciously accepted his defeat. Killer Kross made his official debut by attacking Ciampa and stood tall to end the show.
WWE NXT Takeaways
1. A New Era In NXT
Karrion (Killer) Kross, Timothy Thatcher, Dexter Lumis appeared in various segments this week, and all the three superstars looked absolutely dominant, which could be the start of a brand new era in NXT. Even the Tag-Team Division is getting the Indus Sher as a new force, while Charlotte Flair is out to rebuild the division which suffered the wrath of Shayna Baszler for months.
NXT is doing a hard reset on the storylines, which is quite exciting to see, and several new rivalries will add to the fun in the coming weeks.
2. A Dream Date
The two challengers for the top two NXT titles, NXT Championship and NXT UK Championship, crossed paths this week and set up a date for next week’s NXT. Dream vs Balor is bound to be a fantastic match, even though it might end up being one-off for the time being.
Dream is the true future of NXT while Balor is the one who starred in the Golden Era on Wednesday nights all those years ago. A future feud between these two could be a tremendous way to go forward.