WWE Raw Results and Highlights
The first live show of RAW in quite some time opened with the WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, who talked about his big wins against Brock Lesnar and Big Show. He was interrupted by a returning Andrade and Zelina Vega, who talked about Andrade’s win against McIntyre the last time they faced each other. McIntyre put forth a Champion vs Champion matchup, and Andrade said he will take him out of action, similar to how he did the last time in NXT.
- Asuka def. Ruby Riott: The first MITB qualifying match saw the former champion take down Riott with the Asuka Lock to secure the first spot in the ladder match.
MVP starred in a special edition of the VIP Lounge, announcing three MITB qualifying matches for next week. Austin Theory vs Aleister Black, Rey Mysterio vs Murphy and Apollo Crews vs MVP himself.
- Aleister Black def. Oney Lorcan: The hard-hitting NXT star took on Black in a decent encounter but eventually took the pinfall after getting hit with Black Mass.
Becky Lynch cut an in-ring promo and laid down a challenge to the winner of the MITB, and said she’ll be ready.
- Shayna Baszler def. Sarah Logan: Right before the match, Baszler refused to comment about Ronda Rousey’s scathing words from this past week, and focused on destroying Logan. A referee stoppage ensued in a victory for Baszler who will join Asuka in the MITB ladder match.
Seth Rollins cut a backstage promo and talked about his loss against Kevin Owens at WrestleMania, and said that he is ‘crucified’.
- Austin Theory def. Akira Tozawa: Theory took down the former Cruiserweight Champion with the ATL. Post-match, Andrade and Angel Garza joined him in the ring and triple-teamed Tozawa, before standing tall over his lifeless body.
Backstage, Rey Mysterio talked about how dangerous the MITB briefcase is, as he himself was cashed in on by Kane in 2010. He promised to take down Murphy and later grab the briefcase for the first time in his career.
Seth Rollins cut another promo and said that the Messiah has risen, and he will be there for his loyal subjects.
- Angel Garza def. Tehuti Miles: Garza took down the NXT star for an easy victory, and the new faction once again demolished the loser post-match.
A frustrated Drew McIntyre talked about the injury he sustained at the hands of Andrade and how it cost him six months of his career. He vowed to deliver a Claymore and seek his revenge.
- Nia Jax def. Kairi Sane: The recently returned Jax took down Sane with the Annihilator (Samoan Drop) to advance to the ladder match.
Charlotte Flair made an in-ring cameo, talking about how she took down the Next Big Thing Rhea Ripley, and how she’ll teach a lesson to her next challenger Io Shirai.
- Bobby Lashley def. No Way Jose: The cracks in Lashley-Lana relationship widened despite Lashley picking up an easy win over Jose.
- The Viking Raiders def. Cedric Alexander and Ricochet: The former tag-team champions took down the new tag duo after hitting them with the Viking Experience.
The Street Profits cut a backstage promo where they welcomed Bianca Belair. She warned them of the Viking Raiders, as they have never defeated them inside the ring.
- Drew McIntyre def. Andrade: The non-title match saw McIntyre pick up the victory with the Claymore Kick. Post-match, Seth Rollins delivered a Stomp and looked at the title to end the show.
WWE Raw Takeaways
1. The Messiah Rises on Easter
Seth Rollins has been the Messiah for Monday nights for quite some time now, but his run took a halt after the loss against Kevin Owens at WrestleMania. Rollins appeared in four segments this week and said he was crucified at ‘Mania but has risen again, similar to how Jesus Christ rose back on Easter day.
Rollins has not only risen but has now set his eyes on the top prize, currently held by McIntyre. Rollins and McIntyre have solid history, as they had a long feud during 2018, which even featured a stellar Hell in a Cell match.
The rivalry has all the tools to succeed, as the top men are arguably the finest stars on the red brand currently.
2. A New Force
Zelina Vega leading the band of three handsome men, is a delight to watch, as they can easily become one of the top factions in the company. Andrade has his experience, Garza has a bucketload of charisma while Theory is the young blood.
WWE putting forward new factions is always a great sight, as it allows more and more individuals to be used in some capacity. This will be of tremendous help to all the three stars, and hopefully, WWE doesn’t drop the stable quickly.