WWE Raw Results and Highlights
Drew McIntyre opened the show this week and laid down a challenge to Seth Rollins for a title match at MITB. Zelina Vega interrupted with her faction before Andrade blindsided the champ. McIntyre recovered to Claymore the US Champion and stood tall to end the segment.
- Aleister Black def. Austin Theory: Black qualified for his first-ever MITB ladder match after taking down the young Theory, despite Vega’s attempts to distract her own husband.
- Shayna Baszler def. Indi Hartwell: Baszler continued her ruthless assault and stomped away on her opponent, as the referee called the match off. She laid down a vicious post-match beatdown to assert her dominance.
- Ricochet and Cedric Alexander def. Brendan Vink and Shane Thorne: The newest tag-team on RAW took down the NXT team after Ricochet and Alexander hit their finishers on Vink.
- Nia Jax def. Kairi Sane: In a rematch from last week, Jax took down Sane once again with the Annihilator.
Seth Rollins accepted McIntyre’s challenge and said the locker room needs a leader like Rollins. He will be taking the title not because he wants to, but because he has to.
- Apollo Crews def. MVP: Crews became the third participant in the ladder match by taking down the veteran MVP. Crews hit the sitdown powerbomb for the pinfall.
- Liv Morgan def. Ruby Riott: A short but decent match saw Morgan pick up the victory after hitting her former friend with the Flatliner.
- Rey Mysterio def. Murphy: Mysterio joined Daniel Bryan, Black and Crews for the MITB ladder match by pinning Murphy after the 619-Splash combination.
- Charlotte Flair def. Kayden Carter: The NXT Women’s Champion reigned supreme in this match after applying the Figure Eight submission lock on the NXT star.
Bobby Lashley was seen flipping over a 450-pound tyre at the gym, much to the delight of his wife Lana.
- Andrade def. Akira Tozawa: With some help from his manager Zelina Vega, Andrade won the match after hitting Tozawa with the Hammerlock DDT.
- Bianca Belair def. Santana Garrett: With Street Profits on commentary, Belair showed her class and took down Garrett with the KOD.
- Drew McIntyre def. Angel Garza: The WWE Champion starred in a winning effort in the main-event once again, as he took down Garza with the Claymore. Post-match, McIntyre took out the rest of Vega’s team members and stood tall with his title to end the show.
WWE Raw Takeaways
1. A True Fighting Champion
WWE is often lambasted for being unable to book strong babyfaces, but with Drew McIntyre, they are ensuring they right all the wrongs. McIntyre competed in a main-event once again, and after taking down Big Show and Andrade in the previous weeks, annihilated Angel Garza on the latest broadcast of RAW.
McIntyre’s killer persona is quite fascinating to watch, as he is never presented as the underdog, and is always the dominant force of nature. This wasn’t the case with guys like John Cena and Roman Reigns, who were always seen overcoming the odds to survive.
2. Where is the #1 Babyface?
Becky Lynch is often labeled as the biggest face on the RAW roster, even ahead of several male superstars. However, she has been missing in action and is still without a proper feud heading into MITB. WWE found a way to accommodate a matchup for the NXT Women’s Champion, but RAW’s own star couldn’t find a single segment.
Shayna Baszler looks the most probable opponent for Lynch currently, or they could try and rewind the clock and go back to Jax vs Lynch. Jax broke Lynch’s nose in the leadup to Survivor Series 2018, which cost her a match against Ronda Rousey.