WWE Raw After WrestleMania Results and Highlights
The RAW After Mania aired from the Performance Center with fallout from the two-night premiere event that took place over the weekend.
- Asuka def. Liv Morgan: Asuka, who lost her tag team title at WrestleMania, sought some redemption against Liv Morgan. The former Women’s Champion won the match with the Asuka Lock.
Shayna Baszler appeared in a pre-taped video, indicating that she will be coming for The Man Becky Lynch soon.
- RAW Tag Team Championship | The Street Profits(c) vs Austin Theory and Angel Garza (w/Zelina Vega): The rematch from Wrestlemania ended in a DQ finish after Vega interfered in the matchup. Bianca Belair made her official RAW debut and challenged Vega to a matchup.
- Bianca Belair vs Zelina Vega: Belair’s debut matchup ended in DQ after both the tag-teams entered the ring, leading to a chaotic situation.
- The Street Profits and Bianca Belair def. Austin Theory, Angel Garza and Zelina Vega: After two DQ finishes, the six members wrestled in a tag match, with the faces coming out on top after Belair hit Vega with the KOD.
Bobby Lashley spoke to Charly Caruso, hinting at the end of his partnership with Lana. Lana walked in and Lashley walked away without saying a word.
- Aleister Black def. Apollo Crews: In a showcase of talents, the two individuals wrestled in a lengthy matchup, with Black coming out on top with the devastating Black Mass kick.
- Cedric Alexander and Ricochet def. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch: Richochet and Alexander continued their new partnership with a victory over the NXT stars after Ricochet hit the Recoil on Lorcan for the win.
Kevin Owens cut a backstage promo and talked about overcoming the Messiah Seth Rollins at WrestleMania. Owens promised to keep fighting and stunning people on The Kevin Owens Show.
- Seth Rollins def. Denzel Dejournette: Rollins took down the NXT superstar in a squash match which ended with the Architect hitting the Stomp.
- Nia Jax def. Deonna Puzarro: Jax returned after a year, and defeated the NXT star in a quick matchup. Jax used Paige’s finisher for the victory.
- Humberto Carrillo def. Brendan Vink: Yet another NXT superstar was sacrificed as Carrillo hit back-to-back moonsaults for the win.
Charlotte Flair cut a self-praising backstage promo and said Ripley, just like every other superstar, had to bow down to the Queen.
- WWE Championship Match | Drew McIntyre def. Big Show: WWE aired post-WrestleMania footage where Drew McIntyre talked about his huge victory, overcoming the odds to take down the Beast Incarnate. McIntyre was interrupted by Big Show, who challenged him to a match. Drew McIntyre’s first defense ended in a victory after he hit Show with the Claymore Kick.
WWE Raw After WrestleMania Takeaways
1. The Show of Shows
RAW after Mania is usually known for the ruckus crowd, the surprises, the start of new rivalries. Although there was no ruckus crowd due to the current situation, WWE still managed to give out a few surprises, with the biggest (quite literally) being the return of Big Show (even though they aired it as a post-WrestleMania segment).
Big Show returned as a heel and challenged the new WWE Champion to a fight, which came totally out of the blue. Show and McIntyre produced a decent encounter, which was longer than both the world title matches at WrestleMania combined!
WWE establishing Drew McIntyre as a fighting champion from the very first night is a brilliant move, and will help the fans to keep supporting the Scottish Psychopath.
2. The Women’s Division Rebuild
Becky Lynch has been the champion of RAW for over a year now and has run through all the possible opponents on the roster. Shayna Baszler is still looking to take down The Man and will undoubtedly receive a rematch soon enough, but the introduction of Bianca Belair and Nia Jax into the roster will help to build new faces.
Jax often faced criticism for her in-ring performances, but she is a unique personality (she’s not like most women), and will give the division a much-needed boost. Bianca Belair is an exceptional talent who oozes charisma and can go in the ring. She is surely a future champion, and it will be interesting to see if she goes after Charlotte Flair.
3. The Lower Card Gets To Shine
One of the best things about the Performance Center shows has been the utilization of the talent at WWE’s disposal. Apollo Crews wrestled in a lengthy match against Aleister Black and got a chance to display his wide range of wrestling skills. The athletic yet powerhouse personality of Crews has suffered a great deal on the main roster due to lack of personality, and hopefully, WWE gives him a manager to work with.
Ricochet and Cedric Alexander are also a part of the tag-team division now, which is a good use of their talents. Both the superstars were pushed in the singles division, which fizzled out rather quickly. With a move over to the tag-team division, they get a chance to demonstrate their wrestling skills, which is better than nothing.