Event: WWE RAW
Date: March 16, 2020
Location: WWE Performance Center, Florida
WWE Raw – Quick Results and Highlights
- Edge cut an intense promo and challenged Randy Orton for a Last Man Standing Match at WrestleMania 36.
- AJ Styles signed the contract from backstage and sent The OC to deliver it to an angry and frustrated Undertaker who was already in the ring. The Phenom signed the contract after decimating Gallows and Anderson.
- Rey Mysterio defeated the United States Champion, Andrade, in a non-title match while Asuka watched on commentary.
- Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch arrived in a huge 18-wheeler truck and cut an in-ring promo addressing her WrestleMania opponent, Shayna Baszler. Lynch vowed to defeat her, while Baszler watched from backstage.
- Kevin Owens challenged Seth Rollins for a match at WrestleMania, in a quick backstage segment.
- WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin celebrated 3:16 Day by drinking some beer and hitting a Stunner to Byron Saxton. Lynch joined Austin for a toast and the Texas Rattlesnake ended the show with another Stunner to Saxton.
WWE Raw Takeaways
1. A Stunning Lass Kicker
WWE has for long tried to present Becky Lynch as the Stone Cold of this era, and it has largely worked in the company’s favor. The Irish Superstar has gone on to become one of the best superstars in the company and is arguably the face of the company along with Roman Reigns.
A terrific segment with Stone Cold concluded with Becky Lynch sharing beers with the legend himself, continuing her streak of appearing with the top stars of the company, after being involved with John Cena, Edge and The Rock in the past.
The whole feud with Shayna Baszler has been underwhelming, but Lynch is continuously solidifying her status as the ‘top guy’ on the red brand.
2. No Time To Die
The Undertaker’s entrance is as iconic as anything else in the company, and seeing the gong go off followed by the Deadman making his slow and classy walk to the ring is a sight to behold. However, the world is functioning differently since the COVID-19 outbreak, and The Undertaker’s entrance wasn’t spared from a drastic change.
Making his entrance in front of an empty arena, The Undertaker marched to the ring, expressing his anger after AJ Styles went personal with him last week, and dished out a beating of a lifetime to Gallows and Anderson.
3. It Gets Better
Just when you think you have seen everything in the Randy Orton-Edge rivalry, one of the guys comes out for a segment and amplifies things even further. Edge returned to RAW this week, and despite no crowd in the arena, cuts a terrific promo.
The process of cutting a promo inside a ring largely depends on the wrestler’s ability to communicate with those in attendance, but despite the lack of butts on the seats, Edge cut a magnificent promo and challenged Orton to a Last Man Standing Match at WrestleMania.
Edge and Orton’s highly personal rivalry will get even uglier at the Grandest Stage of Them All, and we can safely expect a slaughter inside the ring at Mania.