WWE Raw Results and Highlights
- Raw opened with pre-recorded messages from Paul Heyman and Drew McIntyre, who hyped up the WWE Championship match between Brock Lesnar and McIntyre at WrestleMania. Heyman, along with Lesnar, cut a menacing in-ring promo on how The Beast will go on to destroy McIntyre at The Show of the Shows.
- AJ Styles entered the ring with his OC buddies and continued the verbal assault on The Undertaker and his wife Michelle McCool. Styles challenged Taker to a Boneyard Match at WrestleMania and promised to bury the Deadman once and for all.
- Andrade and Angel Garza defeated Ricochet and Cedric Alexander: The heels warmed up for their title match with a hard-fought victory against the two high-flyers. Post-match, the Raw tag team champions, The Street Profits, had a confrontation with their WrestleMania challengers.
- The Street Profits defeated Shane Thorne and Brendan Vink: After fighting off the challengers in the previous segment, the champs picked up an easy win after Ford hit a Frogsplash on Thorne for the win.
- Shayna Baszler, in an in-ring interview with Charly Caruso, explained her ambitions of destroying everyone and said that defeating Becky Lynch at WrestleMania will destroy her from within. Lynch appeared with a steel chair and took out Baszler.
- Aleister Black defeated Leon Ruff: Black continued his run of killing jobbers with the Black Mass with a quick and painful victory against the scrawny kid.
- Kevin Owens entered the ring to cut a promo and called out Seth Rollins. The Monday Night Messiah joined Owens and started listing out the things he helped to build, mocked Owens for having no major ‘Mania moments, and laughed at him for being left out of the show last year.
- Charlotte Flair cut a promo backstage and promised to destroy the tough aura of Rhea Ripley at the first-ever NXT Women’s Championship Match at WrestleMania.
- Randy Orton called out Edge for being a junkie of his own ego. He responded to Edge’s accusations of him being a spoilt brat and said he has built his own legacy. Orton accepted the challenge for a Last Man Standing Match, as the show went off the air.
WWE Raw Takeaways
Despite the presence of several quality tag-teams at their disposal, WWE decided to pair up Angel Garza and Andrade for a Tag-Team Match at WrestleMania. The other questionable matchup was Aleister Black vs Bobby Lashley, as such a match is fine for a random episode of RAW and not for the Grandest Stage of Them All.
The eventual tag-match should be a high-quality encounter with the kind of talent involved, but it is disheartening for the other tag-teams to miss out on a tag-team championship match at WrestleMania.
Bobby Lashley vs Aleister Black is most likely a way of establishing Black as one of the top guys on RAW, and possibly propel him into the main-event picture.
2. The Messiah Becomes A God
Seth Rollins once again reminded why his best work comes as a heel, after cutting a fantastic promo this week on RAW. The Messiah proclaimed to be the reason behind WWE’s current success with the developmental brands. He said he becomes a God under pressure, which even left Owens speechless.
Rollins and Owens is a duel that has been in the build for several months now, and WWE must allow the two stars to compete in a proper singles encounter without any interference from their buddies.
Hopefully, God and The Prizefighter bring their best selves to the fight.
3. Boneyard Match?!
The Undertaker is synonymous with several terrifying gimmick matches over the years, with the likes of Buried Alive and Inferno matches associated with the Deadman. With AJ Styles challenging Taker to a Boneyard Match, it will be interesting to see what this entails.
This is the first of its kind match-up and hopefully, will live up to the billing. With WWE filming the show in multiple locations, this would definitely be shot outside the Performance Center, and the dream matchup will surely be an interesting sight for the WWE Universe.