Reason Why Kairi Sane Stayed Away From The Ring On RAW, NXT Superstars’ Debut Not Official Call-Ups

FEATURED

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Purchases XFL For $15 Million

Former WWE Superstar and Hollywood icon, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is now the proud co-owner of XFL. According to...

WWE Raw Preview Tonight, August 3: United States Championship and Raw Women’s Title to Be Defended

Drew McIntyre Addresses Randy Orton's RKO Last week, Drew McIntyre battled Dolph Ziggler in singles action and scored yet...

Former NXT Star Announced for AEW Women’s Tag Team Tournament

Former NXT women’s wrestler Taynara Conti will be participating in the AEW Women’s Tag Team Tournament. Conti’s involvement was...

WWE Rumor Roundup: Dominik’s Debut, Hacker to Return, New PPV Added to Schedule

1. Payback Added to WWE Schedule SummerSlam takes place in less than a...


Kairi Sane reportedly suffered a concussion after taking several bad bumps during the Women’s Tag Team Championship match this past Sunday at WWE TLC. Becky Lynch had rolled The Pirate Princess under the ring to protect her from action for the remaining part of the title defense.

Sane accompanied Asuka to the stage but didn’t walk down to the ring for her partner’s singles match against debutant Deonna Purrazzo.

PWInsider reports that WWE deliberately kept Sane out of the ring as a precautionary measure.

“Although Kairi Sane stated she was fine yesterday at the Raw taping, WWE chose to hold her out as a precaution due to concussion concerns”

WWE recorded the December 23rd episode of RAW this week in Des Moines, Iowa, and Sane didn’t wrestle on the pre-Christmas show either.

Let’s hope Sane will be able to compete on the final RAW of the decade on December 30th.

Besides Purrazzo, another NXT star debuted during the pre-Christmas edition of RAW – she’s none other than ex-TNA talent Chelsea Green.

Both Purrazzo and Green lost to Asuka and Charlotte Flair respectively. Neither match made sense and were nothing but fillers. It is to be noted that the debutants shared the same theme, hinting at a potential tag team alliance down the line.

On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that none of the NXT stars were actually called-up; in fact, WWE simply needed wrestlers who could lose to The Empress and The Queen.

“My impression is that this is not a call-up that they just needed people to lose. You know just to give people wins. That’s just what it is.”

Hopefully, WWE will announce a couple of surprise main roster call-ups early next month to hype the build for the first big pay-per of the new year, Royal Rumble.

LATEST

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Purchases XFL For $15 Million

Former WWE Superstar and Hollywood icon, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is now the proud co-owner of XFL. According to...

WWE Raw Preview Tonight, August 3: United States Championship and Raw Women’s Title to Be Defended

Drew McIntyre Addresses Randy Orton's RKO Last week, Drew McIntyre battled Dolph Ziggler in singles action and scored yet...

Matt Riddle Says He Came to SmackDown to Wrestle “The Big Boys”

Matt Riddle's main roster debut saw him defeat the reigning Intercontinental Champion AJ Styles in a non-title match on SmackDown.

Booker T Says Big E Needs to Be Less “New Day-ish”, Xavier Woods Responds

New Day’s Big E is poised to begin a singles run and many people are excited to see how far he can...

Former NXT Star Announced for AEW Women’s Tag Team Tournament

Former NXT women’s wrestler Taynara Conti will be participating in the AEW Women’s Tag Team Tournament. Conti’s involvement was...